Compact Base Transceiver Station
Pactel's compact Base Transceiver Station (BTS) is designed to facilitate cost-effective GSM deployment in rural or currently unserviced areas. The technology also suits the following applications:
- Mining, oil & gas
- Transportation stations and airports
- Rural villages
- Emergency deployment
- Islands and atolls
- Black spots and hotspots
These units are extremely simple to install, requiring only Power and Ethernet connections to be run up their mounting pole. Key advantages are:
- Pole-top mounting keeps antenna cables short, ensuring maximum efficiency is obtained from each unit.
- Power consumption is low (approximately 1/3 of competing units), ensuring compatibility to Solar installations.
- The design is ruggedised to suit even the most extreme environments.
- Only an IP connection is required (e.g. via Internet, Satellite, ADSL), making backhaul as simple as possible.
- IP backhaul is encrypted for security and safe traversal of your Intranet and compressed for maximum efficiency.
- The same unit may be used as TMBTS or TMB with remote BTS, providing total flexibility of system layout.
These units are available in multiple configurations. Please contact us for further technical specifications.